Quotes from a 2014 Interview of John C Bogle - Founder of Vanguard Group
John C. Bogle was the founder and retired CEO of The Vanguard Group. The Vanguard group is one of the world’s largest investment funds and manages $3,600 Billion.
According to Wikipedia….John C. Bogle (click here) to verify the 3 numbered bullets below
- Named one of the investment industry’s four “Giants of the 20th Century” by Fortune magazine in 1999.
- Awarded the Woodrow Wilson Award from Princeton University for “distinguished achievement in the Nation’s service” (1999).
- Named one of the “world’s 100 most powerful and influential people” by Time magazine in 2004.
IN a 2014 Business Insider interview John C. Bogle states…click here to verify the quotes in red.
“Jack Bogle said, “Let’s start with the facts:public pensions are $4 trillion underfunded and private pensions are $800-$900 billion short.”
Bogle said that “pensions are not going to get the 8% return they assume they are going to get, but 5% is a more reasonable assumption. And this 5% also excludes fees.”
Further down on the interview page John C. Bogle says….
Bogle said that he expects “more and more money to go into the passive, indexing side of the financial industry as passive investing continues to outperform actively managed funds. “
The State of California’s ever increasing deficit needs (in 2011) were : (much higher in 2016)
- $64 billion for state workers’ health care in retirement
- $80 billion to cover teachers’ pensions
- $65 billion for deferred maintenance of state roadways, bridges and other infrastructure.
- $25 billion for U of California pensions that are underfunded.
- California has 4.2 million food stamp recipients.
209-814-6865 | JLM@BankingLikeTheRich.com
Disclaimer: The material presented on this site is included with the understanding and agreement that BankingLikeTheRich.com is not engaged in rendering legal or other professional services by posting said material. U.S. Treasury regulations require us to inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained herein is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any person or entity for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code. The services of a competent professional should be sought if legal, accounting, tax or other specific expert assistance is required.